RANDALL F. DRYER, M.D.
TOP RATED U.S. SPINE SURGEON
Meet Dr. Dryer
Randall F. Dryer, M.D.
Orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Dryer received his Bachelor of Science with honors from the University of Iowa in 1974. He graduated from the University of Iowa medical school with an M.D. in 1977. He completed his internship in 1978 followed by a residency in orthopedic surgery in 1982, all at the University of Iowa.
Dr. Dryer completed a fellowship in Spine and Hand Surgery at New Addenbrooks Hospital in Cambridge, England in 1984.
Professional Work History
Dr. Dryer served in the United States Air Force at Wilford Hall, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas. He progressed from staff orthopedist to Chief of Orthopedic Surgery by the time of his discharge in 1988. He entered private practice in Austin, Texas where he joined Dr. William P. Taylor at The Austin Back Clinic in 1988. Several years later the group expanded and became the Central Texas Spine Institute. Today, CTSI is the private practice of Dr. Dryer offering world class spine care in Austin, Texas.
Board Certification and Memberships
Dr. Dryer was board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery in 1983 and later became a Fellow in the American College of Surgeons. He is a member of the Travis County Medical Society, the Texas Medical Association and the Texas Orthopedic Association. Dr. Dryer is also a member of the North American Spine Society, the Cervical Spine Research Society, the Spine Arthroplasty Society, the Society of Lateral Access Surgery (SOLAS) and a past president of the Texas Spine Society.
Dr. Dryer has participated in numerous FDA-approved clinical trials and limits his practice to the cervical and lumbar spine surgery.
Dr. Dryer is a local football fan, and enjoys tennis and piano in his spare time.
Recognition & Awards
- In February 2015 Dr. Dryer was named 1 of 60 spine surgeons on the forefront of biologics & stem cells. According to MDx Medical, Inc., “This honor means that your patients appreciate and praise the quality of care and service you provide, and they regard you as a top doctor in your field.”
- Dr. Dryer was named one of Austin’s Top Doctors for 2013, in the Spinal Surgery category, by Austin Monthly magazine.
- In February 2011, Dr. Dryer was first recognized as a “2010 Patients’ Choice” physician by Vitals.com
- Dr. Dryer was recently recognized as a “2011 Patients’ Choice” physician by Vitals.com. In December 2011, Dr. Dryer was recognized as one of the Texas Super Doctors by Texas Monthly magazine.
- In November 2010, Dr. Dryer was recognized as an Industry Leader by Becker’s Orthopedic & Spine Review. In February 2011, Becker’s Orthopedic & Spine Review named Dr. Dryer one of the top 100 spine surgeons in the U.S.
- Dr. Dryer is a sought-after speaker for continuing education programs world-wide.